During my honeymoon in Barbados I spent a huge amount of time in the sun so I came back with a deep, glowing, golden brown tan. However, due to the eight and a half hour flight back to the UK I found my skin was extremely dry which is something I have never suffered with this badly before.
Usually I would rely on my Laura Mercier Body Creme Souffle, however, as I had very little left I needed an alternative. While I was away I used my Soap and Glory Smoothie Star which smells amazing (just like popcorn) but it just didn't give me the hydration I needed which was disappointing. I needed an alternative.
I didn't want to spend a lot so I wasn't looking for a high end brand but something that would nourish my skin so I turned to Lush. I'm a big fan of Lush products as they are natural, not tested on animals and there is so much variation so I was confident I would find something that would help. I wasn't too sure where to start as I hadn't actually used any moisturisers from Lush before so after seeking help from the staff I was recommended Sympathy for the Skin which is a combined hand and body lotion.
Sympathy for the Skin contains banana, cocoa butter, vanilla, lemon oil, labdanium and sandalwood. Combined these ingredients are said to condition, soften, uplift and sooth the skin due to their rich and nourishing properties plus they sound like they would smell delicious right? Unfortunately this wasn't the case for me which was disappointing. I wasn't expecting this review to turn out to be negative as before now there wasn't one Lush product I didn't get on with, however, this one just didn't work for me.
Firstly the scent is a little meh, It's subtle, pleasant and not offensive in the slightest but I was expecting something that smelt scrumptious. Don't get me wrong, this isn't what I look for in a moisturiser and it's not really important but I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that the scent just isn't what I would expect from the list of ingredients. That aside, if this product had wowed me the scent wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest, after all how it works is what is important but it just didn't suit my skin type. My skin is relatively sensitive and I didn't get any irritation which was brilliant but I found the formula to be a little greasy. It left a sheen on my skin which didn't absorb so it's not a moisturiser to use if you are in a rush. It also didn't seem to have any long lasting affects on my dry skin. I ended up applying it three times a day as shortly after use my skin would be dry again but this sadly this made no difference.
After doing this for a week and my skin actually getting dryer rather than more hydrated I turned to my Laura Mercier Souffle. After just one application, hours later my skin still looked moisturised and I could really see a difference. Even though it's expensive I think I'll be sticking to my old favourite in the future! I actually end up using less of it as I don't have to apply it so many times a day!
What do you think of this moisturiser? What is your favourite?
Check out these great blogs by my lovely advertisers:
Pink Champagne: Dulcie's Beauty Blog,
Pink Panther: Topdraw Fashion, OMG Laura
Pink Pearl:, Scottish Stef's Nails,
To advertise with Kimberley's Beauty Blog find out more info here


Ah man it's always annoying when something doesn't work out, especially when lush things are not the cheapest of items!
ReplyDelete--
Pretty Mad Things .. xo
Don't think this is one I'll be picking up then! Such a shame.
ReplyDeleteAmelia Rose | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger
Oh bad! that it didn't work out for you.
ReplyDeleteChaste & Beautiful
2016-04-09keyun
ReplyDeleteray bans
ralph lauren outlet
nike sb dunks
air force 1 trainers
ray ban outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet
gucci handbags
toms outlet
ray ban sunglasses
burberry sale
louis vuitton
michael kors canada
louis vuitton bags
ray bans
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet
kate spade handbags
coach outlet online
timberlands
true religion outlet
ralph lauren
cheap nfl jerseys
hollister clearance
coach outlet store online
ray ban sunglasses outlet
coach outlet store online
oakley sunglasses
gucci handbags
ghd hair straighteners
true religion jeans
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
best article.I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written.
ReplyDeleteFree App logo
polo ralph lauren
ReplyDeletecheap ray ban sunglasses
nba jerseys
air jordan uk
michael kors handbags wholesale
indianapolis colts jerseys
nike blazer pas cher
ecco shoes
nike trainers uk
cheap nike shoes sale