As you may or may not be aware I have taken an unintentional break from blogging for a rather long time and I've really missed it. I never imagined I would stop blogging but having a full time job, glandular fever and wedding planning meant it all became too much and I had no choice to stop ,particularly as I was creating daily posts.
During this time I've been approached by many people asking if will get back to blogging and my answer has always been yes as it was a massive part of my life and I can't put into words how much I missed it!
Here's some of the reasons why i'm so happy to be back in the blogging community!
#1 Sharing - One of the main things I miss about blogging is being able to share aspects of my life and interests with like minded people. Spending some time in the evening looking through my favourite blogs, reading comments on my latest posts and having conversations through Instagram and Twitter was a lot of fun and I met a lot of lovely people I am still friends with today.
#2 Discovering new products - Without doubt, I have found some of my favourite brands and products through blogging. I love hearing about cult and hyped about products but also smaller brands who maybe aren't as well known but have launched incredible products. Even now, I love it when i'm out and about or surfing the Internet and I come across brands I have worked with before. It makes me so happy to see them thriving and it's exciting to see what their latest products are.
#3 Photography- Before I started blogging, I didn't know anything about taking photographs and learnt how to get the best results as I went along - hence why I now cringe when I look back at my older posts! Although it was very time consuming to create new sets and photograph and edit everything I used to love creating new images and finding random objects that would work well to present the products as best as possible.
#4 Community - The next few points are very similar and that's because there is obviously a massive social aspect to blogging. Whether you are into beauty, fashion or a combination like myself the sense of belonging and community is amazing. The support network I had around me when I was blogging was so strong and I love how a common interest can bring everyone together no matter how big or small your blog is.
#5 Meeting New People - I've touched on this a little already but meeting new people through blogging is just amazing. It can be through speaking with people on social media, your blog post comments, email etc but the options are endless.
I've also been very lucky to have been invited to blogger parties, events and product launches which has been incredible to learn first hand about the brands and products. It's always exciting to see how everything is displayed and to get a first look at products before they hit the shelves. I would often see the same people at the events too so it would be lovely to catch up with fellow friends and bloggers.
#6 Reviewing Products - Discovering new products is amazing and I've missed getting to try out an array of products which if left to my own devices I wouldn't have necessarily knew existed. Opening up new products and trying them out for the first time is always exciting and the inner blogger in me can never resist swatching and looking at the details of a product and it's packaging. I've been doing this even though I haven't been blogging which my friends and family find hilarious and only the other day they asked why on earth I was smelling a lipstick!
If you are a fellow blogger or are looking for some inspiration for new blog post ideas check out my 15 blog post ideas post.
What are your favourite things about blogging?
To advertise with Kimberley's Beauty Blog find out more info here


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I read every single one of them and reply as often as I can.
If you have a question and want a quick answer please send me a tweet @kimberleyj77 and I will reply asap!
Kimberley x