Hello Lovelies!
As I've mentioned in a couple of posts already, I went to Portugal last week for a few days. It was a work trip so I was only able to take hand luggage so I was extra picky with the beauty products I took with me. I couldn't have too many liquids and also I didn't want to bring loads of different products as I didn't fancy making my handbag even heavier than it was already.
So here are the products I decided to bring with me:
- Primer - Luckily when I placed my last order with Smash Box I received a sample size of the Photo Finish primer. This was perfect!
- Foundation - I'm still loving my Vitalumiere Aqua foundation so this was a must to take with me. I haven't actually used a different foundation for ages.
- Powder - My MSFN was a must as I was expecting hot weather and thought I may get extra shiny.
- Blusher - I brought one blusher with me and the one I opted for was by MUA. Initially I chose it because I didn't want one of my high end blushers to crack and as the MUA ones are so cheap I knew I could easily replace it. The blusher is a beautiful, natural shade too which I love.
- Eye shadow - I was afraid my powder shadows would get broken with all the travelling so instead of bringing one of my eye shadow palettes I decided to bring one cream eye shadow instead. I chose the Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' which looks great for both a day time and evening look.
- Mascara - Instead of bringing a large mascara I brought the Smash Box Full Exposure miniature I got from my Try Me Kit. It was perfect as it was so compact.
- Lipstick - I brought two products with me. Firstly, Chatterbox lipstick by MAC, secondly a Clinque Chubby stick.
- Eyebrows - I brought my MAC eye brow gel and MUA powder to fill in my brows, however, I didn't actually bother doing this in the end!
Products I didn't bring:
- Primer - As I had a cream eye shadow which has amazing staying power on it's own it wasn't necessary for me to bring my well loved Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Highlighter - The only highlighter I own in Soft and Gentle by MAC. It is pretty big and I was worried the product may get damaged so I decided it was best to leave it at home.
- Eye liner - As I was away with work I knew I was going to wear minimal makeup. I don't often wear eye liner to work so I didn't feel the need to bring it with me.
- Lip liner - I don't always lip liner and I didn't really need one with the lip products I was using so this definitely wasn't a product I needed. It also meant I didn't need to bring a sharpener, bonus!
- Setting Spray - My Urban Decay setting spray was too big to bring with me as I was only allowed up to 100ml per item. I really didn't want to leave this behind as it makes my makeup last longer but unfortunately I didn't have a choice.
What do you think of my product choices?






I had this exact issue this weekend when deciding what to take with me, no setting spray as it is too big is my issue too :o( xx
ReplyDeleteBeautyqueenuk
I wish Urban Decay would make a miniature one! X
DeleteWell done -it looks like you managed to take most of your makeup with you which is good bu using samples. You really do need to be careful of the hand luggage rules http://cabinbaggagesize.co.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/ when you fly with just hand luggage.
ReplyDeleteNice post
great post! <3 i like the color of the mac lipstick on the photo :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
SHERLAINE
.never settle for less.
You've got almost all things pink! :D This is n helpful post for people who are confused about what to carry and what not to. :) x
ReplyDeleteJasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ
Pink is my favourite :) x
DeleteI went on holiday recently and brought the perfect amount of makeup for me. I find bringing a few lipstick choices are the best- red, coral and pink- and wear them on nights out to make it seem as if you've made an effort! xx
ReplyDeleteYes, that's definitely a brilliant idea! It completely transforms your look. X
DeleteI agree about the cream eyeshadow! I always find it hard not taking liquid make up with me on the plane :s
ReplyDeleteDaniella x
http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk
Great choices, Real Techniques are like the best brushes ever, and also love the colour of your lipstick :) x
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely choices! I like that brush, it's really darling.
ReplyDeletewww.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com
Great selection! I just featured Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in my most recent wishlist - I really want to try that foundation. I absolutely adore the Maybelline bronze cream shadow - it's one of my all-time favourite products.
ReplyDeleteAh that Chanel foundation is gorgeous!
DeleteThe Maybelline co,or tattoo's are gorgeous too. On and on bronze is my favourite too. X
Excellent Share! Awesome blog over here! Thanks for sharing this very useful information.
ReplyDeleteantler suitcases
ralph lauren, http://www.poloralphlaurenoutlet.it/
ReplyDeletemichael kors outlet, http://www.michaelkorsoutlets.uk/
ralph lauren shirts, http://www.poloralphlaurenshirts.us.com/
football shirts, http://www.cheapfootballshirt.org.uk/
ray ban sunglasses, http://www.raybansunglassesonline.in.net/
tiffany outlet, http://www.tiffany-outlet.us.com/
calvin klein underwear, http://www.calvinklein.in.net/
tory burch outlet, http://www.toryburch.in.net/
michael kors factory outlet, http://www.michaelkorsfactoryoutlet.us.org/
air jordan 4, http://www.airjordan4.org/
true religion jeans, http://www.truereligionjeansoutlet.com/
tiffany and co jewelry, http://www.tiffanyandco.in.net/
nike huarache, http://www.nike-airhuarache.co.uk/
oakley outlet, http://www.oakleyoutlet.in.net/
kobe 9, http://www.kobe9elite.us.com/
vans shoes, http://www.vans-shoes.cc/
cheap michael kors handbags, http://www.cheapmichaelkorshandbag.in.net/
nike outlet store, http://www.nikeoutletstore.us/
cheap jordans, http://www.cheapjordans.us.org/
air max 2014, http://www.airmax2014.net/
michael kors wallet, http://www.michaelkorswallet.net/
hermes bags, http://www.hermesbags.co.uk/
herve leger, http://www.herveleger.us.com/
coach outlet, http://www.coachoutletstoreonline.in.net/
christian louboutin, http://www.scarpelouboutin.it/
karen millen dresses, http://www.karenmillendressesoutlets.co.uk/
jordan shoes, http://www.jordanshoes.us.com/
ray ban, http://www.occhiali-rayban.it/
0930maoqiuyun
2016-04-09keyun
ReplyDeletecheap toms shoes
nfl jerseys
nike huarache white
uggs on sale
oakley vault
rolex watches
ralph lauren sale
christian louboutin shoes
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
fitflop sandals
tiffany & co
oakley sunglasses
beats by dre outlet
toms wedges
nike trainers sale
coach factorty outlet
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin sale
true religion outlet store
ray ban sunglasses outlet
insanity workout
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
montblanc pens
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
kids lebron shoes
louis vuitton purses
rolex watches
cheap oakleys
oakley outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ray bans
michael kors purses
louis vuitton bags