Hello Everyone!
How are you all? Today's review is on the well known primer in the beauty industry and that is the Photo Finish foundation primer by Smashbox.
I got this primer in the Smashbox Try Me Kit I blogged about earlier in the week and this was the product I was itching to try the most.
This foundation primer is a transparent gel and has a smooth silky consistency. The formulation is oil free so it doesn't make your skin greasy and applies well on my combination skin. This primer doesn't seem to have a smell and it is easy to quickly smooth it over your face to prep it for the application of your foundation. It really does glide over your skin and is a lovely product to work with.
I always apply primers with my finger tips because you use so little it isn't really worth using a brush. Also, you're not looking at buffing or blending it into your skin so it is fine to use your hands. I don't have to use loads of this product to get the coverage I want but because it is something I will definitely use everyday and I will be covering my whole face it is a makeup product you use up quicker than others. Therefore, do I think this primer is worth the hype and the expensive price tag of £25.00?
My answer is YES! I find that this primer makes my skin smoother so my foundation applies better and it makes my makeup stay on for longer (I always use setting spray too, though). I would definitely buy this primer in the larger size and I would be happy to use it every day.
You can buy the Smashbox Photo Finish primer from Boots for £25.00 but if it order it from the Smashbox website (for the same price) you may get an extra free sample thrown in :)
Have you tried this primer?






I never got on with any Smashbox products. I tried their colour correcting primer and it was absolutely horrible on my skin! Haven't tried this one but I think I've been put off Smashbox in general xx
ReplyDeleteD Is For...
Oh no! How disappointing! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. When that happens it does totally put you off a brand. X
Deletei've never used a primer on the face.. but have a sample from Too faced so will use that soon and let your know.
ReplyDeletewww.thetimesofmanyphases.blogspot.com
Oo definitely let me know, I'd love to know what you think of it. I haven't tried any products by Two Faced before. x
DeleteActually I never used a face primer but I am looking for one ;)
ReplyDeleteNew follower from Aloha Friday Blog HOP ;)
Hope you will follow back
http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/
Thank you for following!!
DeleteIll check out your blog :) x
I've wondered about this primer. Does it help with oiliness?
ReplyDeletexx Christal xx
LipstickAndPonytails.com
The only oily area I really get is on my nose and I did notice it reduced. I hardly had to use any powder at all throughout the day. I'm not sure how it would work if more areas of your face are oily though, I assume the same. x
DeleteI wanna try this!
ReplyDeletehttp://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/
take a look at my blog.. hopefully i can inspire you like you inspired me !
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to try this product for so long but haven't really got on well with primers so was reluctant to spend £25 for it to be another no!
ReplyDeleteToni xx
http://thethingsusgirlsdo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
I've heard so many good things about their primers. I've never used anything actually by smashbox, but I know it is supposed to be top notch. I might have to treat myself this weekend :) x
ReplyDeleteHeroine In Heels
nike trainers uk
ReplyDeletenike trainers
bengals jersey
longchamp bags
nike outlet
michael kors outlet online
nike free 5
replica watches
michael kors handbags
nike blazer pas cher