Today's review is on a skin care product I have been using since February...REN's No.1 Purity cleansing balm.
This cleansing balm is available in both a tub or tube depending on where you buy it but only while stocks last. Let me explain. I have the tube version which makes it easy to control how much product you want but as the product is quite stiff you do have to make an effort to squeeze the bottle to get it out. Personally I don't find this a problem because it really isn't that difficult and it is hygienic but the people at REN have changed the packaging to a tub so it is easier to use. Neither packaging is bulky so it doesn't take up much space when travelling.
The balm itself is very thick but quickly turns into an oil when you warm it. Although the packaging says to use the palm of your hands to do this I prefer to use just my finger tips as I find the product much easier to apply and it is less wasteful. Once warmed, you massage this gentle product into your skin for a couple of minutes which is soothing and relaxing. Following this, you add a little warm water to encourage the oil to emulsify into a rich milk. I love this stage of the application because it makes my face feel so fresh and clean. To finish I use the muslin cloth which is included to gently remove the product from my face before rinsing thoroughly with warm water to remove the rest.
The process described above may sound long to some people but it takes less than five minutes and the results are definitely worth it. After using this cleansing balm my skin is left smooth, soft and moisturised and unlike some other cleansers I have used it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, tight or uncomfortable. This product also doesn't leave a film over your skin so you aren't left feeling oily which means it is a product that can easily be used day and night (although I just do the latter).
To finish on a positive note, this silky rose-infused cleansing balm smells gorgeous and leaves your skin feeling soothed, balanced, purified and glowing. It melts away dirt and makeup (even waterproof mascara according to claim - I haven't tried it as I don't like this type of mascara), conditions your lashes and eyebrows and protects your skin against everyday pollution and environmental stress. The other ingredients include:
(please note the information in the above bullet points was taken from the REN website)
This product is also suitable for ages and skin types, vegans and vegetarians.
The REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm is available at a variety of places including Selfridges for £23.00 (100ml), REN for £30.00 (150ml) or Marks and Spencer for £23.00 (100ml) and Sephora for $48.00 (100ml). I love this product and it is by far the best cleansing balm I have tried... I actually enjoy taking my makeup off when I use this!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I read every single one of them and reply as often as I can.
If you have a question and want a quick answer please send me a tweet @kimberleyj77 and I will reply asap!
Kimberley x