![]() |
| [Left to Right: YSL No 5, MAC Girl About Town, MAC Show Orchid, MAC Full Fuchsia] |
One of my weaknesses when it comes to makeup is definitely lipsticks, I just can't get enough of them. I love to wear a variety of shades and I mix them up all year around but when Summer is approaching I tend to reach more for my bright pinks. They may look a little scary to some people but I find they finish off my makeup nicely and really brighten up my face.
I have four bright lipsticks in my collection which are my 'go to' shades and by far my most worn so I thought I would share those with you in today's post. Whether I'm looking a little paler or have a tan I find they go well with my skin tone so I definitely think they are worth a swatch if you're tempted.
One of the first MAC lipsticks I bought was the cult shade Girl About Town which is talked about a lot in the blogging world and it's obvious why. This shade is just beautiful. The Amplifed finish is one of my favourite's as it's creamy, long lasting and hydrating plus very pigmented. This blue toned pink looks gorgeous with neutral eye makeup and although it's a bright lipstick I wear it in both the day and evening. Out of all the lipsticks mentioned in this post, this is definitely my most worn and is a lipstick I will always have in my collection.
Next is MAC Show Orchid which is a pro colour so is not quite as easily available. In fact, it took me several months of searching to track this down before eventually finding it in the London Carnaby Street MAC Pro Store but it was totally worth it. Show Orchid also has an Amplified finish hence why it is very pigmented but it is much brighter than Girl About Town. The latter is a deeper lipstick and far more wearable but Show Orchid is equally as beautiful. It is more pink toned and has a subtle shimmer running through it which makes my lips look fuller which is an added bonus. This lipstick isn't for the faint hearted as it is bold but it looks gorgeous with simple makeup and definitely makes a statement.
The last MAC lipstick I'm going to talk about is Full Fuchsia and is a shade I bought at the airport when I went on a work trip earlier in the year. If I'm honest it's very close to Girl About Town and wouldn't recommend someone to get both. If I'd realised it was so similar I wouldn't have bought it myself but as I've got it I wear it. Again the finish is Amplified and this shade is a deeper pink than Show Orchid and blue toned. It's very pretty and is ever so slightly lighter than Girl About Town but it is barely noticeable. Another pretty lipstick.
I've always been a big fan of YSL lipsticks as I find them very moisturising and easy to wear. My favourite collection is the Rouge Volupte Shine as I find the formula the most hydrating and the packaging is simply stunning. This shade, No 5, is slightly more on the red/pink side and is also blue toned which I find to be flattering plus it makes your teeth look whiter! The formula is lighter than the MAC alternatives but the colour is pigmented so you can still easily achieve a statement lip.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post about my favourite bright pink lipsticks. I plan to do some similar posts like this in the future so let me know if that is something you would be interested in seeing.
What do you think of my bright pink lipstick picks?
Check out these great blogs by my lovely advertisers:
Pink Champagne: Beky Lou
Pink Panther: Dulcie's Beauty Blog, A Scottish Lass, Topdraw Fashion, OMG Laura
Pink Pearl:, Scottish Stef's Nails, Michael 84,
To advertise with Kimberley's Beauty Blog find out more info here



I love the formulation of YSL lipsticks, as they last all day and moisturise your lips. I have a few of their lipsticks but I have not got this shade. It looks like the perfect bright Summer pink. I also love the look of the MAC lipstick in Girl About Town. I might have to go and purchase these.
ReplyDeleteBeth x
www.hellobeth.co.uk
"Girl About town" is fab. I also love "morange" for another take on bright lipsticks
ReplyDeleteI love bold pink lips, especially those from MAC. Some of my favorites are MAC Candy Yum Yum, MAC Nicki Viva Glam 1, Milani Matte Diva and Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink! I'd like to own Girl About Town myself xx
ReplyDeleteHauteDare.com
MAC's Girl About Town has been on my wish list for forever! All of these are gorgeous though. I'm a sucker for bold pink lippies!
ReplyDeleteHope ♡ | http://www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com
juicy couture outlet
ReplyDeletemichael kors handbags sale
ray ban sunglasses
kobe shoes
hermes outlet
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
discount michael kors handbags
michael kors canada
ralph lauren pas cher
michael kors outlet online
swarovski outlet
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin uk
air force 1 shoes
michael kors uk outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap nfl jerseys
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike tn pas cher
nike air max 90
mulberry uk
nike blazer pas cher
calvin klein underwear
louis vuitton handbags
mlb jerseys
ralph lauren shirts
jordan shoes
toms outlet store
michael kors uk
links of london jewellery
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
nike air max
michael kors sale
pandora jewelry
20160410zhenhong
fangyanting20160905
ReplyDeleteair max 90
true religion sale
ugg outlet store
cheap oakley sunglasses
jordan 13
chrome hearts eyewear
new balance shoes
reebok outlet store
true religion outlet
soccer jerseys wholesale
ugg boots sale
louis vuitton handbags
tiffany and co
bottega veneta outlet online
the north face jacket
nike trainers
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet online
fitflops shoes
uggs on sale
ralph lauren outlet
mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
longchamp pliage
hollister uk
ray-ban sunglasses
valentino outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
burberry outlet